Fun-Key Music sessions are designed for primary and pre-school-aged children to learn singing and performance skills as an extra-curricular activity. The main focus of this performance-based program is to teach basic music concepts in a non-threatening environment.
We define the basics of singing, music and performance as:
- breathing techniques;
- vocal hygiene, proper use and care of the voice so as to avoid damage and injury;
- proper vowel placement;
- microphone technique and performance skills;
- choreographed and modern dances;
- basic harmony;
- understanding of basic rhythms and time signatures;
- understanding of musical terms such as the treble and bass clefs, ‘piano’, ‘forte’, etc.
The overall aims of the program are to develop confidence, self-esteem and social skills and to nurture an interest in music through performance and other activities whilst exploring these basic concepts.
More information on classes for 2024 coming soon.