These zucchini tots are our new favourite vegetable snack! They’re perfect alternatives to potato chips with dinner, or for a snack in your children’s lunch box. They’re super easy and a delicious way to get your children to eat more vegetables.
We love these zucchini tots for more than just their taste. They require only 5 ingredients and take 10 minutes to prepare! The recipe batch can make a fair amount depending on the size of the tots you make. We made 9 big tots, but you could easily make 15.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup Grated Zucchini
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ Cup Grated Cheese of Choice – we used tasty cheese
- 1/3 Cup Breadcrumbs
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
How To Make Zucchini Tots:
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grate your zucchini and squeeze the excess liquid out of zucchini. This will stop them from being soggy and help them crisp on the edges.
- Mix zucchini with remaining ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste. Make sure completely mixed through to create a smooth mix.
- Scoop spoonful size tots onto a well sprayed tray. You can make the size of the tots as big or as small as you want, but if you make small tots make sure to watch them while they cook as they may cook faster than big tots.
- Cook in oven for 16 minutes, making sure to flip them over halfway through cooking.
You can customise these to your taste by adding your favourite seasonings, such as garlic powder or paprika. You could also add ¼ of an onion, minced.